Website Privacy Notice and State Disclosures
UNIFUND PRIVACY NOTICE
Unifund’s website is located at www.unifund.com (its "website") is not intended for individuals less than the age of eighteen and Unifund does not knowingly collect data relating to individuals less than the age of eighteen.
Nothing in this Privacy Notice is intended to contradict your rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Unifund will not disclose any information to third parties that is otherwise prohibited by the FDCPA.
Questions, comments, and complaints about Unifund’s data practices can be submitted to:
Unifund CCR, LLC PO Box 42121 Cincinnati, OH 45242-0121
Toll free: (888) 384-8134
Information We Collect
We may have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last 12 months:
Categories of Personal Information
|Examples of Specific Types of Personal Information Collected||Collected|
|A. Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, email address, telephone numbers, account number, Social Security number, date of birth, or other similar identifiers.||Yes|
|B. Personal Information categories listed in California Customer Records Statute (Cal. Civ. Code §1798.80(e))||A name, signature, Social Security number, address, telephone number, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||Yes|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or Federal law||Age (40 years or older), veteran or military status.||Yes|
|D. Commercial information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased.||Yes|
|E. Professional or employment-related information||Current or past job history.||Yes|
|F. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Student financial information.||Yes|
|G. Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above||Profile reflecting a consumer’s preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, attitudes.||Yes|
- From publicly accessible sources (e.g., property records or court records);
- From your transactions with us;
- From our service providers (e.g., letter vendor, location vendors, payment processing vendors, and/or electronic signature service provider);
- Directly from a third party (e.g., third parties contacted during location activities pursuant to 15 U.S.C. §1692b, such as your friends, neighbors, relatives, and/or employer);
- Consumer reporting agencies (CRAs)
- From a third party with your consent (e.g., your authorized representative and/or attorney); and
- From activity on our website.
- consider applications for credit and credit related services;
- locate debtors and recover debts; and
- manage your accounts.
- The right to access personal information – You have the right to request access to your personal information that we collected about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- The right to request deletion of personal information –You have the right to request that we delete your personal information; however, state and federal law may prohibit us from deleting personal information, which Unifund will disclose to you.
- The right to non-discrimination - We will not discriminate against you if you exercise any of these rights.
- The right to an authorized agent – You can designate an authorized agent to make any of these requests by providing your express written authorization. We must be able to verify your identity and the authorization must include the authorized agent’s name, address, telephone number, and email address (for providing the personal information collected or to respond to a request for deletion).
- By mailing a request to: Unifund CCR, LLC PO Box 42121 Cincinnati, OH 45242-0121
- Contacting us toll free at (888) 384-8134;
- Interactive webform
- Enough information to identify you [e.g., your full name, address, last four digits of your Social Security number, date of birth, and/or account number]; and
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate and respond to it.
For California Residents Only: The State Rosenthal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act require that, except under unusual circumstances, collectors may not contact you before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m. They may not harass you by using threats of violence or arrest or by using obscene language. Collectors may not use false or misleading statements or call you at work if they know or have reason to know that you may not receive personal calls at work. For the most part, collectors may not tell another person, other than your attorney or spouse, about your debt. Collectors may contact another person to confirm your location or enforce a judgment. For more information about debt collection activities, you may contact the Federal Trade Commission at 1-877-FTC-HELP or www.ftc.gov. As required by law, you are hereby notified that a negative credit report reflecting on your credit record may be submitted to a credit-reporting agency if you fail to fulfill the terms of your credit obligations.
For Colorado Residents Only: A consumer has the right to request in writing that a debt collector or collection agency cease further communication with a consumer. A written request to cease communication will not prohibit the debt collector or collection agency from taking any action authorized by law to collect the debt. Our local office address is: (1) Unifund CCR Partners – 13111 E. Briarwood Ave. #340, Englewood, CO 80112. Our local phone number is (303)768-9099; and (2) Unifund CCR, LLC – 80 Garden Center, Suite 3, Englewood, CO 80112. Our local phone number is (303)920-4763. FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE COLORADO FAIR DEBT COLLECTION PRACTICES ACT, SEE WWW.COAG.GOV/CAR
For Massachusetts Residents Only: NOTICE OF IMPORTANT RIGHTS YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE A WRITTEN OR ORAL REQUEST THAT TELEPHONE CALLS REGARDING YOUR DEBT NOT BE MADE TO YOU AT YOUR PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT. ANY SUCH ORAL REQUEST WILL BE VALID FOR ONLY TEN DAYS UNLESS YOU PROVIDE WRITTEN CONFIRMATION OF THE REQUEST POSTMARKED OR DELIVERED WITHIN SEVEN DAYS OF SUCH REQUEST. YOU MAY TERMINATE THIS REQUEST BY WRITING TO THE DEBT COLLECTOR. Mass. Regs. Code tit. 209, § 18.14(e), available at http://www.mass.gov/dob/cmr18red.pdf (last visited Apr. 5, 2006).
For Minnesota Residents Only: Unifund CCR Partners and Unifund CCR, LLC only This collection agency is licensed by the Minnesota Department of Commerce.
For New York Residents Only: Unifund CCR Partners – New York City Department of Consumer Affairs license number: 1251678. Unifund CCR, LLC – New York City Department of Consumer Affairs license number: 1419944.
For New York City, New York Residents Only: To better serve you, please advise us if you have any language preference other than English. At this time, we have the following language access services available to you upon request: (1) Spanish speaking interpreters, and (2) translation of our written communications into Spanish. In addition, a translation and description of commonly-used debt collection terms is available in multiple languages on New York City’s Department of Consumer Affairs website at https://www1.nyc.gov/site/dca/consumers/Glossary-of-Common-Debt-Collection-Terms.page.
For North Carolina Residents Only: Unifund CCR Partners – NC License #4073 – 10625 Techwoods Circle, Cincinnati, OH 45242 Unifund CCR, LLC – NC License #107952 – 10625 Techwoods Circle, Cincinnati, OH 45242
For South Carolina Residents Only: South Carolina Supervised Lenders License No: S-9150. You can review and download the South Carolina Rights and Responsibilities document.
For Tennessee Residents Only: Unifund CCR Partners is licensed by the Tennessee Collection Services Board of the Department of Commerce and Insurance. License Number: 975. Unifund CCR, LLC is licensed by the Tennessee Collection Services Board of the Department of Commerce and Insurance. License Number: 1323.
For Utah Residents Only: As required by Utah law, you are hereby notified that a negative credit report reflecting on your credit record may be submitted to a credit reporting agency if you fail to fulfill the terms of your credit obligations.